Monday, August 17, 2009

Purple Shirt of the Week: Miles to go...

Well, internet has been spotty lately since we've been on the road, so
this blog's a little late.

Lots of miles traversed. Lots of foods consumed. Lots of peoples
met. Lots of songs played.

A few years ago a spring tour ended in Los Angeles, and as i had a
couple of days to kill, i walked around town. Stuff to see, etc.
Problem was, public transit out there is awful and i didn't have any
option other than walking (besides, i had run out of money and the one
cab i was able to take i stiffed him part of the bill - yikes!)

The only shoes I had were some converse sneakers. Which really hurts,
even when you get new sole inserts. I messed up my knee for weeks
after that. But still, saw what I could.

This tour we have my car with us (there's just 3 of us - Nat, myself
and different merch/general helpers) so we can get by without the gas
guzzling Ricardo. Today in Philly we'll be doing a lot of walking,
despite the car, most likely, as we're doing the equivalent of three
shows. You'd think I'd be smarter and NOT wear my chucks.

Nope.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Are you still in Philly? Ishkabibbles on South Street, if it is still there, has awesome cheese fries. Or it did when I was in HS/College.
mmmm, cheese fries...

Talking to Walls said...

Cheese fries yum!!

We'll be in Philly in another 2 hours. We'll keep an eye open! Thanks!

LaNita - Quirky NY Chick said...

Ahem, you didn't wear your purple Chuck's in NYC! I'll forgive you this time ...