Friday, January 2, 2009

Purple Shirt of the Week: The Loyal Fans

How wonderful it is to know that my Purple blog has given so many
people hope and meaning in their lives during these troubled times!
Thank you dear readers for all of your many showered affections and
applause. I don't think that was worded correctly, but isn't the
Internet's purpose to give forum to bad gramer n speling? Damn you
LOLcatz!

In the spirit of giving meaning, I am reminded of the writings of the
late, great Douglas Adams, who wrote (as writers do):

"The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass
through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival,
Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where
phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question
"How can we eat?" the second by the question "Why do we eat?" and the
third by the question "Where shall we have lunch?"

I would like to append to that "What's the next purple blog and when
will my picture be in it?" My friend Michele here has been a staunch
supporter - neigh, the silent backbone of purpleness - since the very
beginning. She was to appear prior to now (Issue 2, Volume 1) but at
every opportunity, something has interrupted our blogginess.

So I proclaim today, January 2 to be "The Day of Purple Michele" to
make up for this malfeasance. All hail Michele!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brian. I am honored to be a part of this unique blog. It will always have my support.